Saturday, November 11, 2017

Reading Notes; Epified Krishna, Part B

Krishna Humbles Brahma 
I think it's really interesting how time after time again, Krishna seems to humble the most divine beings and surprise everyone at how strong, valiant, and clever he is. I love all these stories about how he has defeated all these demons, as well as the one with Brahma's plan backfiring. I feel like I could write about any of those and put it in a different perspective. Maybe even in Krishna's!

Akrur
I was watching these videos with my mom and she said that in another thing she watched/heard, Akrur actually dies before Kamsa does. So, maybe I'll write a story in which exactly that happens. I might research more about Akrur, his story, and his death to write a better and more interesting story if I choose to write about him.

Mathura
I liked how Vishnu showed his true form to Akrur while he was taking Krishna and Balram to Mathura. I also like how the Epified showed the death of Kamsa and the release of Krishna's true parents and grandfather. I might write about that reunion in a different way; maybe I'll write about Krishna being kidnapped at birth and finally being reunited with his real parents. This theme is common in many stories I have read and watched. For example, in Hercules, Hades orders two of his companions to kill Zeus's son. They end up leaving him in a basket, and a random couple picks him up and raises him. Throughout the movie, Hercules seems to be different from the other kids, although no one knows his true identity. Finally, he finds out who he really is and ends up saving the world, as every Disney hero does. This plot story was similar to Krishna's story in many ways. Also, in the movie Tangled, Rapunzel is stolen by a witch and kept in a tower for her entire life. Her parents are actually royalty and she has no idea. Flynn Rider comes along and rescues her and they find out the truth together. I could replace these characters with those from the Krishna stories!

Source: Vasudeva carrying baby Krishna across the river to Gokul.

Bibliography: Epified Krishna videos, Part B

1 comment:

  1. Hey Akriti!
    When I clicked on your blog again I got excited to see the elephants! I remember liking your blog so much the first time as well! I really like how you take your reading notes. They are so organized and give you a great way to prepare for your storytelling. In this specific post, the picture of Vasudeva carrying Krishna goes so well with your elephant background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

The One With Krishna as Rapunzel

***Check out the revised version of this story on my portfolio here !***  Long ago, on a rainy night, a demon named Putana slipped into t...